Riverboarding is a serious river sport and adventure activity.
Strict safety procedures are observed, however as the operator we cannot absolutely guarantee participant safety.
Serious Fun Riverboarding cannot be held responsible for personal injury or for equipment lost or damaged.
Participants are required to demonstrate confidence in water and basic swimming skills.
We reserve the right to cancel or amend any trip due to dangerous river conditions, insufficient numbers or client unsuitability.
Everyone must be able to swim, be confident in water and reasonably fit.
Minimum age is 8 years old for Riversurfing and Drifting while 12 years of age for Sledging.
A private guide is provided for children under 12 years of age – this must be pre-arranged.
What Should I Bring?
Swimwear and towel.
Sense of adventure!
We provide everything else.
A full refund will be given provided you cancel at least 48 hours prior to departure. NO REFUND within 48 hours of departure.
- I fully understand that this activity carries an element of risk that, in extreme circumstances, could result in serious injury and/or death.
- I wish to engage in the activity, take responsibility for my own safety and assume the risk of harm, injury or damage, whether foreseen or unforeseen, that may befall me as a result of my participation.
- I further confirm that I am not suffering from any illness/physical condition that would be affected by, or preclude, my participation in this activity.
- I therefore release, hold harmless and forever discharge Serious Fun Riverboarding Ltd and their employees, agents and affiliates from any and all liability for property damage, personal injury, or death arising out of my participation in this activity.
- Serious Fun Riverboarding Ltd cannot guarantee your absolute safety.
- I agree to indemnify, save and hold harmless Serious Fun Riverboarding Ltd from any loss or expense arising out of any claim made against them by any other person or organisation that relates directly or indirectly to my participation in this activity.
- This agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with New Zealand laws.
- Refunds will only be supplied at the discretion of Serious Fun Riverboarding Ltd.
- NOTE: Participants under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian sign, and the said parent certifies to the following with regard to that signature. The undersigned represents that he/she is the parent or legal guardian of the minor(s) (under 18 years) whose name(s) appear above. The parent/legal guardian agrees to the above conditions that relate directly or indirectly to the said minor’s participation in this activity.